OPAL PRO MV
HEAVY DUTY MEDIUM VOLTAGE DIGITAL SOFT STARTER
The OPAL MV series medium voltage soft starter is a highly dependable digital soft starter suitable for motors ranging from 400-5600 HP over the 2300-7200 Volt range. Designed with flexibility and robustness in mind, this starter is an excellent solution for standard asynchronous motors while making an excellent partner for synchronous and wound rotor motors. Dual modes for current limit and step and ramp offer smooth stepless acceleration and deceleration reducing mechanical shock and high electrical inrush currents experienced when starting large MV motors.
The OPAL MV is an optimal solution for medium voltage motors of various applications. Ease of installation and quick keypad set up make it an ideal solution where an easy to use starter with robust heavy-duty medium voltage design is desired for hot and dirty environments. Available in nema 12 and nema 4 designs for use in up to 50 Deg ambient, this product offers a dependable solution for any industrial application.
Like the rest of the OPAL family, the OPAL MV is a rugged field serviceable unit designed to work in some of industries worst environments.
- Heavy duty SCR Stack Assembly with Ring transformer sustained pulse firing
- 3 year manufacturers warranty
- Fiber optically isolated current sensing pulse firing gate drivers
- Magnetically isolated PT voltage sensing (2300-7200V 60kV BIL rating)
- Line side vacuum contactor (across the line rated)
- Bypass vacuum contactor (across the line rated)
- Flexible motor protection capabilities
- Multiple start ramps
- Torque and current control
- Custom programmable acceleration curve capabilities
- Current limit and ramp control
- Built in motor protection
- Soft Stop pump control capabilities
- Factory and field serviceable components
- Available in Nema 12 or Nema 4 enclosures
SAF offers a complete line of soft starter solutions ranging from compact light duty solid state soft starters to MV starters for some of the most heavy duty and demanding applications.